Thursday, September 30, 2010

Just One More Lesson

Well I don’t have a ton of time but I'm going to try and fill you in on the good stuff.  It’s getting hotter and hotter here in Brasil.  And well, I’m not a fan of the heat, but I am a fan of this work! We have been so busy this transfer teaching and finding new people. Just last night we were about to go home when we thought, no, just one more lesson, and we knocked on a door and two brothers were home who let us in and just seemed like they were elect.   We got home a little late, but we were so happy to have found these two brothers who were ready to hear our message.  This week we had a pretty cool experience happen.   We were preparing a baptism and the energy went off in the city and all the lights went off at the church and it was getting dark.  We didn’t want to have the baptism in the dark, but as soon as the other Elders walked in the door with the man who was going to be baptized the energy turned on and stayed on until the closing prayer, when it shut off after just a few minutes. It was really a little Brazilian miracle.  

I hope you all are excited for this next week, which is General conference!!!  Woot Woot.  I am so excited.  I’m ready for that spiritual boost because we as missionaries can definitely use all that good spiritual love and messages we can get.  The gospel is true, and all is well, because we are winning the war.  I can see it every day here in Brasil. 

So this morning Elder Merrill and I woke up really early to take a bus to small city called Pilar we will spending the week here teaching people and trying to help start a branch here it is going to be really fun.  The weird thing is we get to stay at a "hotel" which is more like a room in some random persons house.   But we are having fun and excited to see what will happen the next few days. I hope you all have a great week and don’t forget to watch conference.  Love you all!
Love, Elder Mender

No comments: