Saturday, October 5, 2013

Fall in New England

Today I had friend come to visit from Salt Lake City - she was traveling with a group of lifelong girlfriends.   So I guess I made some new friends today too.    I played a little bit of tour guide and went out to have lunch with them at Simon Pearce......butternut bisque....oh so lovely.   One of them asked "Do you ever find yourself not recognizing how beautiful it is here?"    It is a valid question - don't we often find that we don't appreciate that which is so familiar?   It made me ponder, and my conclusion is that I don't take this beauty for granted.   I feel like there are so few days (I would lie if I did not admit there were some) when I don't appreciate the beauty of the world around me.    When I think about the photos that I take each day from my cell phone probably 7 out of 10 are of the beauty around us in this world.....the other three are probably family, including our cute animals.

I'm so grateful to live in such a beautiful area of the world....yet, in my limited travels, I always find that there is beauty all around.   I think there is a song that goes something like that!

Let me share some of the beauty that I have seen over the past week or so.   Hope you all make some time to look around and enjoy the beauty that is all around us.







Then not only did we see the beauty of nature around us but we happened upon this hot air balloon launching.   So we pulled over to the side of the road and walked across the Polo fields to see it up close.    So beautiful - especially with the foliage as the backdrop.




No comments: