Tuesday, May 18, 2010

I Scored a Goal!

Hello all!

What a crazy week it has been here in Brazil!  Full of rain, sun and snow!!! Ok not snow... but i pray every day for snow.  Do you think that prayer will come true?  We teach that faith without works is dead, so i bought a snowboard. OK not really, but the weather was crazy this week! Always a fun adventure to work in the morning in pouring rain, and then after lunch work under the hottest sun you have ever felt!

I don’t know how many of you know this but I am a genius! I’ll tell you why right now.  OK so it goes like this: I have had a knot in my shoelace that I could not get out.... for about 2 months. I couldn’t get it out, none of the missionaries could either, no one. So one night I was sitting at my desk, so frustrated that I had this stupid knot in my shoelace, I couldn’t pull them even before I tied them and I was sitting there with a frozen water bottle and I have this thought water expands when frozen!!  So I leapt out of my chair, ran to the sink, and soaked this little knot in water, then I stuck it in the freezer.  It’s a priceless look when a missionary opens the freezer and finds a shoe there, but anyway the next day I jumped out bed, ran to the freezer, pulled my shoe out let it thaw and BAM I got my stupid knot out.  Yes, Yes, I know, I know I am amazing.

So today we played soccer with our zone and I scored a goal. Just picture this ….me, Elder Mender scoring against a team of Brazilians. Needless to say, they weren’t happy but it was a lot of fun, and I am slowly but surely starting to love the game! haha but it will never be as good as American football.  Well I’m running out of time but that is really all the exciting things that have happened this week.   I love you all and hope you have a great week! I hope next weeks letter will be better!

Love,

Elder Mender

oh!! My birthday may or may not be June 7th soo... yeah just a thought. :)

No comments: