Monday, January 25, 2010

A Perfect Life? I Think So!






Hello all!!!

How are you doing on this fine snowy day?!  It is snowing like crazy up here. We probably wont get back to Kamas tonight but that is ok it will all work out. It has just been an amazing week and I hope you all can say that too!

This week has been an adventure.  Just one crazy thing after the other! I feel so blessed to be here in park city and having a chance to learn how amazing this work is.

On Monday for P-day we went up to Olympic park and took the tour it was a lot of fun and ski jumpers are crazy.  But I also bought a pair of Oakley glasses and an Armani watch and a DKNY watch they are beautiful!! And because I am such a smart shopper I saved... $682!!!  Crazy huh?  Well that was fun.

We have a baptism this Saturday for a 10 year old boy named Christian he picked up an things a lot faster then we thought and when we asked him if he wanted to change his baptismal date a week up he got so excited and had the biggest grin on his face. It has been really neat to see how the gospel can bless EVERYONE and if they are able to keep commitments they can have greater joy and happiness then they have ever known! Even a ten-year can understand!    I love it.

Oh we got a flat tire yesterday and I got to pull out my mad skills and change it in less than 8 minutes.  Ok my companion helped a little but man we are so fast we should be on NASCAR or something! 

We have been out trying to find like crazy and it is really funny some of the reactions we get.  We received a referral last Sunday for this Jewish lady and when we showed up she was upstairs and she yelled for us to come in but it was locked so she came down stairs and asked who it was when we said the missionaries she laughed and said "forget it” I was like,"forget it?"  She didn’t even open the door or look out the window!! It was crazy funny.  

We had a dinner appt. with the bishop’s family and I had them laughing solo hard. I told my date story.  If you haven’t heard that ask Lauren she tells it pretty good. (It is too long to type.)  My companion and I are pretty much the perfect companionship.  He is so funny and everybody loves him.  We pretty much joist feed off each other.  It is hilarious. 

On a more serious note, this week has been one of intense spiritual growth I have learned this week about how the spirit works and about the importance of this gospel. I cannot explain how I know these things to be true but I know that they are true.  The spirit has testified to me and I can’t deny that I know that God lives and Jesus is the Christ.  I am so grateful for the trust the Lord has shown in me in letting me preach his Gospel.  I feel like I would give anything to be the kind of man I need to be.  I don’t know everything the Lord has in store for me but I have decided to give everything I have to him and the advancement of the Kingdom of God.   I love this work and I love you all so much.  I hope that one day I will be able to say just like president Hinckley and Joseph Smith that "I gave it my all and did my best."

Well the food here is amazing and we get a TON of it.  The weather is perfect and the people amazing.  I am going to be so sad when I have to leave and go to Brazil but I know I need to go there and I am excited for that too!!!  What an amazing two years this has already started out to be!

Love,

Elder Mender

No comments: