Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day

Well Mom how are you doing?  I can't believe you're all home and it is Memorial day. Some family barbeque time seems amazing right now.  Well everything is just dandy here in Brasil.  So today is P-day because tomorrow we have a meeting. We are pretty excited.  The work is going great.  Maybe tomorrow I'll get the package you sent.  I hope so.  Well in other news we are working really hard.  I'm pretty happy with life. Did you ever get the pictures I sent home?!!? I'm a little worried its been a few weeks.   Well have a great Memorial day say Hi to the family. Have a great week. Love you mom!!

Hello, Hello, Hello - what a beautiful day to baptise!!!

Well... I would like to say we baptised this week but satan seems to be working triple time on our investigators.  We have one woman named Vanalusia who is just a power house.  I swear when she gets baptised she is going to be the next relief society president of the church.  But she always has work getting in her way and when she doesn't have to work, her family isn't there or some problem.  So She decides to wait one more day but I know this week is going to be the week.  We just have to be strong.  

We also have another family that we are teaching that is just amazing the Grandma is Vania.   She is a well known woman here in Salvador and just amazing.  She has two children Eros and Luana.  Eros is married to a member and is probably one of the smartest guys I have ever met.   He can rap freestyle like nothing else but also is book smart as well.  He is really into philosophy so we have been able to talk about that.  When he read the Book of Mormon he felt an answer that it was true. Now the tricky part is helping him realize it.  I love this family so much.  His sister Luana is also another amazing woman she is single with a 7 year old daughter that has a medical condition which has made it so she couldn't walk her whole life. Her name is Samara. She is just a princess, last month she had a surgery which will help her to walk in the future.  I just love this family.  It is interesting how all three of them have said they can see how God has led us (the missionaries) into their lives.  I'm so grateful for the miracles I have seen with this family.  Last Saturday we had the chance to go do a service project and paint two rooms in the house. It was so much fun to be with the family.  Afterwords they made dinner for us.  I'm pretty sure that's like 100 celestial kingsdom points right there! haha it was amazing.  Sunday the whole family showed up at church.  I'm pretty sure I started crying when I saw that.  They looked like they just fit in the church. I love this work.  You know everyday I wake up tired but something just makes me get out of bed excited and happy.  I love teaching this gospel. It's one of the best feelings in the world.  I know that as we just keep working hard we will see more and more miracles happening in our work. I testify that Christ lives.  He is the son of our loving Heavenly Father and He loves us.  The plan of salvation is perfect. We just gotta do our parts and eternal life is promised to everysingle one of us.  Have a great week everyone.  I love you all!
 
Love,
Elder Mender

No comments: